Fri, May 20|
Adoption & Foster Care Competency Training with Jeanette Yoffe M.F.T.
Adoption & Foster Care Adoption Competency Training for Professionals and Parents 5 FREE CEU's Available!
Time & Location
May 20, 2022, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Adoption & Foster Care Adoption Competency Training Agenda
I Adoption: What to Know In the 21st Century?
II Adoption Defined, Realities, Types, Language
III In Utero, Separation Trauma, Mothers, Attachment
IV 7 Core Issues for all Members of the Adoption Constellation
V Understanding & Talking About Adoption at Different Ages
VI Transracial Adoption Best Practice
VII Open Adoption Best Practice
VIII Therapeutic Interventions For Parents/Professionals
IX Search and Reunion for Adoptees
X Facilitating Adoption/Foster Care Support Groups
Continuing Education Hours:
- This course does meet the qualifications for Four Hours of Continuing Education Credit for the California Board of Registered Nurses, Psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Celia Center Inc is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #121492.
- The target audience is the following: educators, teachers, health providers, licensed professionals in the adoption community: LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCCs, and/or LEP’s.
- CEU Certificates are awarded to licensed professionals at the conclusion of the training.
- Course evaluations are completed before the awarding of CEU’s and Certificates.
About Celia Center At Celia Center we address the critical mental health needs of anyone connected by foster care and/or adoption. We provide support groups, conferences, special events, workshops for adoptees, foster youth alumni children, parents thinking about adoption, foster parents, adoptive parents, and birth parents — so we include all members of the constellation to provide the support that is a lifelong process . . .
— Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Executive Director, Founder of Celia Center.
This includes copy of the training and handouts.$69.99
Students & Seniors